The Care & Feeding of
Mac Tech Talk & Troubleshooting
Would you like to learn how to use your Mac better? Would you like to
learn all those secrets and techniques that those experts know? Then
we have a workshop for you! We can show you those things that can
help you use your Macintosh computer better and more efficiently and
make it more fun, too. This is a workshop that is designed
specifically for faculty and staff at SSU.
- The Desktop: Navigating your Mac
- Apple Guide: Finding help when you need it
- The System Folder: What's all this stuff?
- Control Panels & Desk Accessories: Customizing your
- Fonts: The skinny on how fonts work
- Memory: Don't you wish humans could upgrade as easily?
- Printers: The nature of the beasts
- Troubleshooting: Getting out of trouble
The handout from the Care &
Feeding workshop is available here in .pdf format, which requires
Adobe Acrobat to read it. If you are not certain what pdf is, you
might want to examine the
SSU PDF page. Acrobat Reader (which reads pdf format) may be
found by following links from this page, Adobe
Systems, Inc., the SSU_Server, or you can contact the IT Service
Center. Acrobat is available for Mac and Windows, and both will read
I also have lots of great links to Mac
sites on my Links page.
apb 22 August, 2002